2023 Haunted Maze - Actor & Volunteer Availability Form
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS INFO VERY CAREFULLY!
General Information for Potential Maze Actors/ Helpers/ Crew:
Please note, there are roles for ages 10+. Roles are very limited for younger actors. Most actors in our mazes are teens/adults.
These are some of the roles in this year's maze: Forest rangers, Alura's victim, evil forest spirits, lumberjack clown with axe, Voodoo swamp witch, humanoid forest creatures (rat, raven, wolf - wears a mask), Jed the redneck, Jed's dead dog, Killer garden gnomes, and more. There are also spirit walkers (on stilts) and demigorgons (full body costume with semi- complicated hardware operation). Some roles are already cast. If something appeals to you or you wish to be considered for something specific, please write it in the comments section and let us know.
IMPORTANT: Please see #2 below regarding costuming! Some costume pieces may be provided by us, but in general, you will be responsible for purchasing your own costume and it must meet our specifications for quality! (No "cheap" Halloween store looking costumes are permitted).
1) Some maze characters will be required to wear extensive make-up, face coverings, and/or a latex mask. If you have sensitivity to latex or other issues with wearing special effects style make-up, please make sure to inform us.
2) Actors are required to provide their own costumes - unless we specify otherwise. Please let us know in the comments box if you have something that might work for a specific character. Otherwise, you must be willing to purchase costume items for yourself AND YOU MUST GET THEM APPROVED BY US!
3) Actors are expected to be professional and remain in character at all times. Anyone who breaks character may be asked to leave the maze, and will not be allowed to return. We take this very seriously. Our terrifying actors are what make our maze exceptional.
4) Actors will receive special call times for make-up prior to the times that the maze is open to the public. This can be up to 2-3 hours prior to "go" time if you have extensive make-up. All cast calltime is generally one hour prior to "go" time. It's a good idea to bring some energy-building snacks and to eat dinner before arriving if possible. Please bring a water bottle with a tightly fitting lid, labeled with your name. There will be concessions on site, but actors may not go to public spaces in costume (once the maze opens).
5) There will be a mandatory ALL CAST logistics rehearsal on October 26th - TIME TBA (likely 6:30 PM). During this meeting, you will be assigned your spot and you will be allowed to walk around to familiarize yourself with the maze. This meeting is required to participate in the maze.
6) Actors will receive ONE FREE TICKET VOUCHER for the maze. You may use it yourself (on a night you are not working) or give it to a friend. All others must purchase a ticket to enter. Please note that our lines are often very long. If there is a line at 9 pm, all patrons who have purchased tickets will be allowed to walk through. Actors (including kids) may not leave until they are released. Parents, please make sure you are aware that this may mean your child may not be done until after 9:30 pm or later if the line is really long.
7) Please review our Hold Harmless Agreement and Code of Conduct. All maze actors must check that they have read, understand, and agree to our documents, or they will not be considered for a role in the maze. Please note: Participation as an actor in the maze is AT YOUR OWN RISK. Patrons are asked not to touch actors, but in working with the general public, these kinds of things are sometimes unavoidable. We do everything in our power to keep our performers safe. Parents, please consider signing up as an Adult Volunteer to help supervise your child and other kids.
8) Submitting this form does NOT guarantee you a spot in the maze. We are sorry, but we cannot cast everyone who wishes to participate. You will be notified by email when casting is complete.
Please ask if you have questions, prior to submitting this form. Email Melanie at: email@example.com