Many wonderful folks in the community frequently ask us how people can "get involved with C.R.O.W."
Unfortunately, there is not a simple answer.
While we wish we had opportunities for outside adult volunteers to work with the kids of C.R.O.W, it is a job typically reserved for our own highly trained staff and professionals with a strong background in the Arts. If you have a degree in any facet of the performing arts, have taught music, theatre, dance, or etc. to kids, and/or have equivalent professional performing arts experience that you feel might be of benefit to us, feel free to send us an email. We'd love to meet you!
Other Volunteer Opportunties:
- People who are highly skilled in sewing. Costume volunteers must be able to take a pattern and create a garment from it. We unfortunately don't have time to teach sewing skills or follow your progress. We truly need people who can just take on a small project and run with it.
- Skilled make-up or hair artists. You must be fluent in different make-up styles (for the stage) and able to quickly put make-up/prosethetics on kids and/or fix their hair in various creative ways such as double french braids, buns, twists, etc.
- Skilled backstage crew members. We are always looking for adults who know their way around the theatre and are willing to move scenery, help with quick changes, and etc. If you have experience with technical theatre, be sure to let us know.
- Skilled carpenters, contractors, or general builders who can create set pieces as needed. If you are able to build safe individual pieces for our large-scale sets, please let us know. We can give you the specifics, and would need you to come back to us (on a deadline) with a finished product!
-Landscape maintenance. Volunteers are needed to maintain the plants and weed the exterior of the C.R.O.W. Center for the Performing Arts. This includes removal of weeds and cleaning up garden beds/cutting back blackberry vines, etc.
- Something not listed here? Do you have skills or other ideas that might be helpful but aren't mentioned here? Fill out the form, and we'll be happy to consider it.
If you'd like to be considered as a volunteer, please print and complete the form below and mail it to us at:
PO Box 184
Florence, OR 97439
Please note: All outside volunteers must be willing to submit a background check.