Teach or Volunteer
Many wonderful folks in the community frequently ask us how people can "get involved with C.R.O.W."
- Costume committee! Can you take a pattern and create a garment from it? We unfortunately don't have time to teach sewing skills or follow your progress. We truly need people who can just take on a small project and run with it.
- Skilled make-up or hair artists & wig designers. You must be fluent in different make-up styles (for the stage) and able to quickly put make-up/prosethetics on kids and/or fix their hair in various creative ways such as double french braids, buns, twists, etc. If you know how to style wigs, we could really use your help!
- Skilled backstage crew members / Sound crew / Lights crew. We are always looking for adults who know their way around the theatre and are willing to move scenery, help with quick changes, and etc. If you have experience with technical theatre such as lighting or sound, be sure to let us know.
- Skilled carpenters, contractors, or general builders who can create set pieces as needed. If you are able to build safe individual pieces for our large-scale sets, please let us know. We can give you the specifics, and would need you to come back to us (on a deadline) with a finished product!
- Something not listed here? Do you have skills or other ideas that might be helpful but aren't mentioned here? Fill out the form, and we'll be happy to consider it.
If you'd like to be considered as a volunteer, please print and complete the form below and mail it to us at:
PO Box 184
Florence, OR 97439
Please note: While we wish we had opportunities for outside adults to work directly with the kids of C.R.O.W, it is a job typically reserved for our own highly trained staff and professionals with a strong background in the Arts.
Qualified Teachers are always needed. Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
If you have a degree in any facet of the performing arts, have taught music, theatre, dance, or etc. to kids, and/or have equivalent professional performing arts experience that you feel might be of benefit to us, we'd love to meet you!
All teachers must be willing to submit a background check.