Gingerbread Homes Contest 2023
We are no longer accepting entries for this year's contest.
Please visit the Florence Events Center December 1st - 15th to see this year's amazing creations and to vote for your favorite.
Votes cost $1 each, with all proceeds going to future C.R.O.W. programming and scholarships for youth.
Thank you to everyone who is making this delicious
community event possible!
INFO & Rules:
1. Gingerbread must be the main component of your entry. Most of your decorating materials must be edible, with the exception of any glue you may use to hold pieces together. (Yes, you can use hot glue to hold up your walls! Yes, you can include a small figurine if you wish. However...MOST of your materials SHOULD be edible!)
2. The design concept must be your original idea. Be creative!
3. One entry per person / family / business. Entry Fee is $25 (paid online below).
4. First place will receive a cash prize of $100. Runners up will receive free tickets to future events and holiday treats.
5. Voting will be done by the public. Voting tickets will be on sale starting Dec. 1st (during the Follies boutique) for $1 per ticket. You can put all of your tickets into one home's entry box, or you can divide your tickets amongst your favorite gingerbread homes.
6. Homes drop off will be November 27th - 29th at the FEC during regular business hours. Late entries will not be accepted. Please check in with the box office when dropping off your home. They will tell you where to place it.
7. Entry dimensions should be NO BIGGER THAN 14" wide by 18" deep. It can be smaller. This is so that homes can sit on our display tables side by side. Your entire home must be on a board, cookie sheet, or other self-containing rigid base that does not exceed the size listed above.
7. After the gingerbread contest, homes will be available for pick up by the designer. Any homes not picked up by Dec. 18th at 5 pm will be disposed of.
8. Each home will have the designer's name/business displayed next to it. What a great way to advertise your involvement in the community!
9. Contest winners will be announced on or before Dec. 20th. Check C.R.O.W.'s Facebook Page. Prizes will be hand-delivered to the winners.
10. The Florence Events Center and C.R.O.W. are not responsible for any damage that may occur to gingerbread houses while on display.
Wanna sponsor our prizes? If you'd like to sponsor or add something cool to our contest prizes, please let Melanie know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the contest, please email Melanie at email@example.com
Entry space is limited, so if you know you want to participate, get your form in FAST!
If you are ready to enter, please fill out the form below...